Movement propels us forward — literally and figuratively.
Studies show that a brisk ten minute walk can boost your mood for two hours, and is just as effective as antidepressants in mild to moderate cases of depression. Exercise releases endorphins which feel good, while reducing stress and anxiety.
When dealing with heavy-laden emotions such as grief, experiencing the counterpoint of being outdoors and accomplishing something positive for one’s health can provide a sense of aliveness.
For clients who have already had at least one session in-house with me, here’s an option for an out-of-the box (and the house) counselling session.
1/ Walk & Talk in the Halifax Hydrostone Neighbourhood
- Meet at Kachina Health Associates, 5539a Young Street, Halifax; head up Isleville Street, and meander the back lanes of the hydrostones, perhaps make our way up and over to Needham Park.
- Walk and talk for up to 50 minutes, with the option of returning to the office for a bit of a sit-down.
- Times available: Monday 9:30 am, 2:30 pm; 3:45 pm.
- Option of in-house session at Kachina if weather prevents enjoyable outside access.
2/ Walk & Talk at Point Pleasant Park
- Meet at the Lower Parking Lot, Section B Off east end of Point Pleasant Drive, adjacent to Halifax Harbour.
- Walk and talk for up to 50 minutes.
- Times available: Friday mornings, Thursday 3 pm or 3:45 pm
- Option of in-house session at Inner Waves if weather prevents enjoyable outside access.
I will plan the walk to allow you space for your own focussing work. Or you determine the path to be taken. Let me know when you book what your preference might be.